Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm excited, I have my fundraising kit from Oxfam Australia! I have my very first cycling jersey, some information and ideas on fundraising, and more information on Oxfam and the work that they do. I am feeling inspired all over again. It feels like now I can begin in earnest!
My training hasn't been flying ahead, partly because I have been away on site for work, but also because I haven't yet got myself a bicycle.
I went shopping last weekend for a bike, and now have some ideas on what I want. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon and buy a bike, and I can start conditioning my backside to long hours on a hard seat.
I have set up a page to record the training that I do in the lead up to the cycle. It is going to be a bit sporadic for the moment and hopefully I can settle into a routine.
See the link to the left for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home