Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hiya! I have received some feedback on the boxes of chocolates from a few friends, and they're selling well... so sounds like things are up and running. So exciting!
Also some of my friends have offered alternative fundraising ideas, so I will see how inspired I get.

I am now up on site, so I will have to try to make friends with the gym here and build up some fitness. I guess I can start on the exercise bike and just ride to nowhere :)
I have been doing a lot of kilometres lately, but unfortunately they've been in a Toyota Landcruiser.

I have been bike shopping a couple of times now, and almost feel ready to commit myself to something. I'm itching to start riding around Perth and reacquaint myself with those crazy Perth drivers - from another angle. It's bad enough watching them try to merge on the freeway, and on a bike I have a lot less armouring around me than when I am in a vehicle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home