Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I am getting excited! A week until the Quiz Night, and my last big fundraising effort, and then another week after that and I will be on my way to the Challenge!!

It has certainly been an interesting journey so far. The support that I have received from friends and colleagues has been fantastic. Training on a bike has been an eye opener. In some ways it has been easier than I expected, and more fun, but it has also been a lot of hard work. It takes a lot longer to clock up the miles than I expected.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way so far, and please hang in for just a little while longer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home