Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tonight was Borat night. There were 124 people through the doors, and the evening made $1086! The movie was very funny, and definitely a fascinating look at American culture.

The movie-lovers raffle, with prize of a double pass to the Luna Palace cinemas and snacks for the movie, was won by accountant Allan. There was some confusion before the movie about the identity of Allan, and he remained a mystery until we spotted him under the traffic lights. For those of you who saw my sister before the movie walking up and down the aisle of the cinema calling his name, she wasn't looking for her seat but the man who won the prize!

With chocolates and donations, my fundraising total now stands at just under $3000. I am more than halfway to the target! I would love to smash it.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who came along to the movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home