Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

The journey has finally started! I flew from Perth to Melbourne last night. This trip itself was not without dramas, so I do hope that is all for this adventure.

I received a call from QANTAS whilst still at home that my flight was delayed. Instead of leaving at 1800 it would now leave at 1850. As a result my arrival in Melbourne went from 2330 to 0005!!
Even so, we were late boarding the plane, and once seated were told that we would be landing at 0030.
Then there was more great news - one of the passengers had failed to board and they had to remove his FOUR!! pieces of checked in baggage from the plane.
We finally took off, and when we landed were told "Welcome to Melbourne, where the local time is sixteen minutes past one". I was met at the airport by my good friend Deb, who was considerably bright eyed for that time of the day but it would have been a long day for her with an early start the next morning. Thanks Deb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home