Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Deb_Kirsty

Another day in Melbourne, this time spent shopping for last minute items to take with me. I had no idea that it would be so hard to find a waterproof, breathable cycling jacket! The cycling stores had a choice of bright yellows or man-sized clothes, and the outdoor shops thought that $400 was a reasonable price to pay for something rather ugly. Hahaha. Ha.

I think that I have managed it, and now I just have to cram everything into my bag! Hopefully I have left enough room for some shopping over in Laos... otherwise I will be devastated.

Here is a picture of Deb and I on the train after a hard day shopping... well, for me. Deb was actually doing some work!!

Flight tonight, and the adventure really starts!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home