Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hello from Laos!

We're in Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage listed town. Today is our rest day, and it feels great to be off the bike and giving my tailbone a break from the seat.

Yesterday we rode up to the Kuang Sii Waterfalls. The ride was the steepest so far. I didn't realise how hilly Laos was when I signed up! Still, the scenery is definitely worth it and the experience so far has been fantastic.

We also had the added bonus of riding through roadworks, so tar, sand, gravel and all sorts. Also here in Laos they don't close off sections of the road while they are working, you just ride over the top of it!!

2 Comments:

At 09 March, 2007 10:36, Blogger Brett Long said...

Good on ya Kirsty. What a great challenge you have put yourself on. Sounds like a lot of hard work and a lot of fun. Hope your havin a great time over there. Sawadee!

 
At 09 March, 2007 12:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you are enjoying yourself.
Don't forget the postcard!

Uncle Pong

 

Post a Comment

<< Home