Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007


I made it back to Australia today. Woohooo!! It's nice to be back and be able to stop for a little while, even if I am not quite home yet. I have transferred all of my photos to the computer and the next thing in line to do is to unpack and do some washing. Getting through Customs today was a breeze, much different from my last experience of Customs in Melbourne, which was off a flight from Hong Kong at Chinese New Year!!

The photo I have put up is from our guest house in Chiang Khong in Thailand. Chiang Khong is a border town between Laos and Thailand, and we spent our first night here before heading across the border and then up the Mekong on a slow boat to Pak Beng.

I will write up a detailed account of the trip but for now I need to get some domestic things sorted :)

The ride was awesome! It felt great to get off the bikes at the end of it and see what we had achieved. I counted up my training kilometres before I left and realised that in the two months of riding I hadn't done much more than the total we did in six days in Laos... and there were definitely a lot more hills on the roads we just travelled on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home