Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Thursday, March 15, 2007


I have started writing up the trip. Click on the link to the right that says Kirsty's TRIP TO LAOS to find out what I did. At this stage the page contains an outline of each day, and I have expanded Day One.
The picture is of the Challengers! Notice that we are smiling. This is because this photo was taken before we started riding.

Today I had a slower start than I expected, waking up early, having breakfast, writing some of my web page and then going back to sleep. I made it into Melbourne to meet Deb for lunch, and then cruised around Little Collins Street in search of some interesting clothes. I was looking for some funky pieces for work, and am now happy that I have found things to suit me. Shops that I spent some time in include:
Baku
Ink
Coccolare
Dangerfield
Sidewalk Soul
Melko

Anyhow I think I have sampled enough of the delights of the shops of Melbourne for the moment, and plan to head out to St Kilda tomorrow to soak up the atmosphere and be a bit more of a tourist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home