Kirsty's Oxfam Challenge Page

One day I had a crazy idea to ride around in the heat and humidity of Laos for what I believe to be a good cause.
I am participating in an Oxfam Challenge. Part of the Challenge is to raise a minimum of $5000. The money goes towards a cycling trip in Laos visiting Oxfam projects, and to Oxfam Australia to help fund their programs.
This page gives details on the Challenge, my progress towards the fundraising target and tracks my fitness training for the trip to Laos.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Let's not forget the fundraising in the excitement of the cycling! I am hoping to break through the $7000 mark. My target was $5000, and I am happy that I have smashed that. It's not too late to sponsor me and help lift my total past the mark. Click on the Donate to Oxfam and Kirsty's Challenge Total link and you can make a tax deductible donation to Oxfam Australia.

When I signed up I thought that I would struggle to raise $3000, so I am stoked that I have been able to more than double it! The response from friends and family and people in the community who I have met has been fantastic, and completely unexpected. I apreciate everyone who has helped me along the way, with big and small contributions of time, effort, monies, enthusiasm, encouragement and ideas. There were a few points when I flagged but there was always someone there to push me along and make sure that I made my targets.

PS I have added some more words and pictures to my trip diary. I still haven't finished it but I am closer. Click on Kirsty's TRIP TO LAOS to see some more sights from Laos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home